Monday, October 22, 2012

Senior Thesis Germany!

So, the third country for my senior thesis is Germany!


What a great country to illustrate for soccer theme! Germany has great players, Klose, Muller, Schweinsteiger, or Podolski. I wanted to illustrate Klose, but i thought he was gonna soon retired and not playing in 2014 World Cup. (He is now 34 years old!) So I decide to do Mesut Ozil.



Mesut Ozil
(from his facebook page)

He has pretty significant facial feature to draw, and even handsome! He is playing for Real Madrid in Spain, as Attacking Midfielder, competing with Modric, and Kaka. I think he will be a key player in his international team. 

So, what is famous in Germany? Beer? Sausage? Food? I was so tired of drawing something free flowing stuff like beer head or flying sausage, and that is not really what German international team plays like. I wanted to illustrate something calm, elegant, and classic. So I decided to illustrate old cars!

Germany has great automobile companies. Mercedes Benz, Audi, Opel, Porsche, and Volkswagen. And they even have significant looks! Compare to modern car design, old car designs were more attracted to me, it was..... simply more classic!

Anyway, So I started researching their cars and I got

This!

Ozil surrounded by cars.
I threw away the thumbnails and defined sketch when I was cleaning my studio space. And I got a hair cut if you notice!


And this is the final!

It was really hard to pick up colors for Germany and put them in this concepts (I don't know why)
But does is look like Germany? and Does he look like Ozil?

Next country was suppose to be Argentina, but I failed in concepts and composition, so I might just skip to next country.




No comments:

Post a Comment