Tuesday, November 6, 2012

GIF Animated Illustration_Neil Armstrong

For Advanced Digital Illustration with Kali Ciesemier, the assignment was to illustrate a historical hero with GIF. GIF is an animated picture which you usually can see in tumblr. So I chose Neil Armstrong, who recently died in age of 82 on August 25, 2012. (I didn't know this till I researched) He looked like a kid when I first saw his photo, but that was not I expected. (I expected a heroic face!!!!) So I tweaked his face, like a greek hero.

This was very very quick sketch for composition and  animation. Kali suggested to zoom out little, so more detail of his suit could be in the illustration. 






This was my final drawings I did separately, so I can move things.




This is the final illustration without animation.




And this is with animation. 

I loved this assignment even this was freaking hard to do, so I am thinking to change my thesis for next semester with GIF. 

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment