Sunday, December 9, 2012

Senior Thesis Portugal!

I think this is my last senior thesis relates to soccer. I still want to continue this, but I realize that most of my works in my portfolio are portraits. Even I am aiming for editorial illustrator and portrait illustration is a big part of editorial illustration, I want to have more variety of concepts and compositions than just portraits. ANYWAY, so my last piece is Portugal!!!! And it is pretty no doubtful that who I choose for the country. He is....





Christiano Ronaldo!!!

He is a Portuguese player who plays for Real Madrid, one of the greatest football club in the world. And he is currently the captain of his international team. He won the Ballon d'Or in 2008, and European golden shoe in 2008 and 2011. 

When I was sketching ideas, I thought it would be great to illustrate sailor ships with the symbol of Portugal, which inspired current Portuguese away uniform. (and Portugal had a big role in the Age of Discovery.)




So this is my sketch I did for final




Final Drawing,





And FINAL!
it was really great time to illustrate famous players with symbols of their countries.
Even this is my final piece with soccer players, if you have any good ideas with other players, TELL MEEE!!! (I did Argentina with Lionel Messi dancing tango in crowd of people, but failed :P)

But thank you for reading this article! and keep your interest in soccer and me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment