Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Falling Slowly

Recently, I was so into a movie, "Once"

"Once" Poster 

Once is a 2006 Irish musical film written and directed by John Carney. Set in Dublin,Ireland, the naturalistic drama stars musicians Glen Hansard (of the Irish folk rock bandThe Frames) and Markéta Irglová as musicians. (from Wiki)

During the movie, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova enter a music store, Glen plays a guitar, Marketa plays a piano, and they sing a song together, "Falling Slowly"



It stuck on me for more than a month and I decided to make an illustration.

It is a love song, but I wanted to illustrate with kinda dark atmosphere because I felt some kind of loneliness in the song.
And because it was for my personal "fan art" I didn't really think about the theme hard, just went on it.




Glen falling down slowly and there are balloons around him. (by the way, I dyed my hair RED!)

For this one, I tried to add another medium, so I used a pencil for a few balloons and details on his face.


But because I leveled it before coloring, most of the detail with pencil was gone.........



And this is the final!







No comments:

Post a Comment