Sunday, May 12, 2013

Fight Club Poster

This was an assignment for Sam Bosma's Digital Illustration class. It was to illustrate a movie poster using limited colors with certain color layers like illustrations for  Nobrow Magazine. (www.nobrow.net) It only uses illustrations with limited colors, red blue, yellow and black.

Cover illustration for Nobrow7 (from its website)


it looks like it uses more than 4 colors, but it is because some colors are overlapped with different saturations. For example, you can make green if you overlap yellow and blue. 

I chose Fight Club. I don't really want to describe the movie, but it is about terrorism, identity, capitalism, and finding ego. You need to watch the movie to understand what I am saying. So, I did several sketches.


So I did, and I liked 4th and 5th. I liked 5th one more, but because I had too much portrait works in my portfolio (I still have many portraits), so I decided to do 4th one. 

Here are my 4 layers of yellow, blue, red, and black





And when I put all the layers in multiply option,


it becomes like this. If you are really bored, you can try to save the 4 images, and multiply them. It will be exactly same and the last image. 


No comments:

Post a Comment