Thursday, August 22, 2013

Spot Illustration for Baltimore Magazine

Hello! I hope everyone is doing good. I received an email from Baltimore Magazine few weeks ago to do a spot illustration for Style Guide in September issue. the story I covered was about Preakness and art director wanted me to illustrate a girl's portrait with crazy design of hat and flowers in graphic shape. I wanted to illustrate with Alphonse Mucha's inspiration. Art director also mentioned that she wanted to put some tile for background. So I started sketches and I got....



I personally liked second one with feathers, but because it was going to be really small, (1"x1") I thought third sketch was better, and art director agreed on it. And she wanted few changes on color (orange hair, dull blue strip on hat) So I started working on final on Wednesday, and I could finish it on Thursday night.




You can check this in Baltimore Magazine September Issue. Thank you Sophia for great art direction and a letter! It really touched my heart. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment