Tuesday, December 3, 2013

illustration for Hemispheres Magazine

It 's been a long time! Last month, I sent my promotional cards to numerous art directors and a day after, I got contact from Hemispheres Magazine. They asked me to do an illustration for an article in December Issue, about how tennis ranking is running in weird number system. The article has really interesting facts that can shock many people. The art director wanted me to draw Nadal and Djokovic playing a game in tennis court with some concept. I started sketching, and I got....


The art director liked the third composition, but wanted to have different concept. So I did...


The balls represent the numbers in ranking system.

I got approved with this one, so I started working on final. 



This is the final, and the link to the article is here.

http://www.hemispheresmagazine.com/2013/12/01/the-numbers-game/

Thank you Claire for the great art direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment