Sunday, June 15, 2014

illustration for Howler Magazine

Hello! been a long time to post something. I have been busy following up World Cup. Anyway, I thought I wrote a post about this but I guess I did not. I was reached by an art director to illustrate an excerpt from Zlatan Ibrahimovic's autobiograph "I am Zlatan" Long story short, I did few sketches for it, and here are the sketches.






They liked to go with the second concept which was about his childhood as a bicycle thief. But they wanted Zlatan to be more interactive with the gear so...




I sent this, and got approved. And here are some photos of different drawing stages.




I first print the rough sketch in actual size for final in tile (I use indesign!) and trace it on watercolor paper using light box.




After I trace it, I start drawing details with pencil. By the way, those are my feet. Thank you.




And then I apply ink with brushes with several sizes. 




I usually use only dried ink techniques, but this time, I tried with washed ink technique on his shirts and few things.



And this is the final!!! HA!

I think you can still check the magazine here.
http://www.howlermagazine.com/

Thank you so much and I will try to post something more soon!!

(Special Thanks to Joel!)





No comments:

Post a Comment