Thursday, November 6, 2014

Playoff Poster for LA Galaxy

Hello! It's been a long time! I want to share an illustration I just finished few days ago for LA Galaxy. Chris Thomas, digital media manager of LA Galaxy, asked me to do an illustration for their Playoff Poster. I absolutely said YES! Their concept for this year was astronauts. So I started sketching.


So this was the sketch I sent to him. Landon Donovan waving his hand to viewers. He asked to revise few things. 

1. change Landon Donovan's change his motion more serious.

2. put quasar from LA Galaxy logo

3. make the other astronaut Omar Gonzalez and Robbie Keane.

I could do first two pretty easily, but the last request was a bit hard because I couldn't put their faces. So I just decided to put their numbers on the suits. 


This is revised sketch and I worked on final drawing after Chris approved it.




This was pencil drawing I was working on,



And this was after I finished drawing.





And this is the final poster with type.

Thank you Brad and Chris for this project!







No comments:

Post a Comment